Sunday, February 1, 2009

Goodbye Blue Sky

I decided to try out one of my new Revlon Matte Eyeshadows today. I think I will be advocating for this stuff! It is highly pigmented and goes on oh-so-smoothly. It's almost like a cream and not a powder; it is that silky! I must say that I am definitely not hating the 'matte' look. If only I could afford to snatch up Urban Decay's matte eyeshadow line. Instead, I am saving myself for the Coastal Scents 88 Color Palette which has a lot of matte colors in it. It's going to be my Valentine's present from The Monkey. Yay!

Okay, so enough yammering already! Today's look is called "Goodbye Blue Sky" as it's a combination of blue and white. (Plus the Pink Floyd song has been stuck in my head all day.

Colors Used:


  • Urban Decay Primer Potion: All over lid and brow bone area.

  • Sally Henson ColorStick in Heavenly White (shimmery white): inner corner of lid, blended well. This acts as a base to make the matte white shadow 'pop' a bit more.

  • M·A·C Paint Pot in Otherwordly (pale, matte aqua blue): outer corner of lid, blended into the Heavenly White. This too acts as a base to hold the color and create a more dramatic look. Also used as the base for the lower liner.

  • Urban Decay Asphalt Trio (white shade only): applied over top of Heavenly White ColorStick; blended up into brow bone. Applied over top of Otherworldly on the lower lashline to create a very soft, muted blue.

  • Revlon Matte Eyeshadow Single in Venetian Blue (bright matte aqua): applied over top of Otherwordly; blended with white and into the crease. I then blended a small amount of the white on top of the Venetian Blue to kind of 'mute' the color on the lid so the color in the crease looks more vibrant. Also applied over top of Otherwordly on the outer corner of lower lashline.

  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Zero (blackest black): applied to waterline.

  • Max Factor Stretch & Separate Mascara in Rich Black.

  • Eyebrows: Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar

  • Cheeks: Jane Cosmetics Blushing in Earth Sheer (peachy-nude with subtle gold shimmer).

  • Lips: L'Oreal HiP Color Presso Lip Gloss in Snazzy (shimmery pinkish coral and matte coral).



The Results:











0 comments: