Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Light My Fire

Today's look brought to you by the warmth and glow of a flickering flame (and by The Doors). ;)

I have the beginnings of a cold so my full face pictures are not great. It's all I can do to keep makeup on my eyes with them watering the way they are. Not to mention the raging sinus headache. UGH. I really like this look. The combination of colors really makes the color of my eyes pop.

Colors Used:


  • Urban Decay 'Sin' Primer Potion: All over lid and brow bone area.

  • M·A·C Shadestick in Corn (shimmery yellow-gold): all over lid, blended just slightly above the crease; applied to inner corner of lower lashline.

  • Urban Decay Roach (brown with reddish sheen): outer corner of lid, blended into the crease.

  • L'Oreal HiP Shadow Duo in Flare (shimmery orange and matte gold): orange applied to middle of lid and blended just barely over top of Roach on the crease. Matte gold applied to inner corner of lid, blended with the orange.

  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Bourbon (brown with gold micro glitter): lower liner for outer half of lower lashline; applied to waterline also.

  • Bare Escentuals Glimpse in Queen Phyllis (shimmery vanilla): brow bone highlighter.

  • L'Oreal HiP High Drama Volumizing Mascara in Ultimate Black.



The Results:













So apparently the year+ that I've had to practice playing with my eyeshadow has paid off. I looked at a picture of a look that was nearly identical to this one and WOW. I have certainly learned how to blend since then!

0 comments: