Monday, February 9, 2009

Perfect Match

I bought this shirt as a Christmas gift for myself in 2007:



I haven't worn it in a while and today, since it was a pleasant 72° out, I decided to pull it off the rack and use it as inspiration for my eyeshadow. As it turns out, the colors in this shirt (save for the silver glitter) happen to match my eye color perfectly. No, really. Check it out...













Still don't believe me? How about having a look at a close-up?



See what I mean? The teal is in there, the green is in there, even the honey is in there. I'm not big on tooting my own horn but I really think my eyes are just neato. :P

Colors Used:

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion: All over lid and brow bone area.

  • Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Honey (golden yellow): all over lid.

  • L'Oreal HiP Eyeshadow Duo in Flashy (teal / cream combo): teal blended above crease; cream used as a brow bone highlight.

  • Urban Decay Mildew (deep green): blended into crease.

  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Electric (bright aquamarine): on the waterline.

  • BeYu Eyelights in Silver**: lower liner.

  • Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara in Extreme Black.

  • Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar.

  • Jane Cosmetics Blushing Blush in Earth Sheer.

  • Stila Lip Glaze in Cranberry.


**I bought this in Germany years ago before I even knew how to combine colors and play with makeup. They are really neat pigment-type shadows that come in an adorable little glass bottle. However, I can't even find these online (I've checked the BeYu website, etc.) so I suspect they've been discontinued. Any silver shadow will do as a substitute!

0 comments: