Monday, February 9, 2009

It has arrived!!

After much contemplation, wishing, adding it to my shopping cart then deleting it; my Coastal Scents 88 Color palette has arrived!! I am so inexplicably excited I cannot even put it into words. :P I've already done about 10 teensy swatches on my hand for fun and WOW. I am looking forward to tapping into my creativity!

So here are some pictures of the palette itself. The Coastal Scents website says in the description that the pans are 'dime size' but it's nice to have a size comparison. Even though I was expecting it they still seemed so teeny! (But there is still more than enough eyeshadow for the price, don't get me wrong!)







Here are a few random swatches. I won't be swatching the entire palette because I have trouble getting good pictures of the lighter colors. Plus my camera really doesn't do swatching much justice. If you're interested in swatches of the entire palette, I recommend Brooke's post on Leesha's website.



I am quite looking forward to abusing the pinks and reds for Valentine's Day! I have a cute shirt that is light and dark pink stripey (with matching stripey SOCKS!) that I can't wait to use as inspiration. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE St. Patty's Day and will definitely be doing some green looks for March using this palette. (Especially looking forward to using that kelly green [points to swatch pic]!)

0 comments: