Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pink About It!

Today I used my Coastal Scents palette for the first time. In lieu of the upcoming pink and red holiday (read: Valentine's Day) I decided to experiment with a couple of the pinks. Can I just say: WOW. This palette was totally worth the $27.00 I paid for it (that's with priority shipping). The colors are so smooth and highly pigmented! I read the reviews and all that but it's still something else to experience it first hand. I think know I am in LOVE!

So today's look is being dubbed 'Pink About It'. Cute little play on words. Probably not that clever but whatever. Inspired by the cute little L.E.I. shirt I bought from Walmart the other day (on sale for a whopping $3.00!). It's light pink with pretty designs in gray and neon pink. I layered my neon pink v-neck tee from Pacific Sunwear underneath it. It matches perfectly. Oh oh! Plus I'm wearing my hot pink socks from Rue 21. The Monkey said "Oh my God too much piiiink!" What does he know about fashion? ;P

Colors Used:


  • Urban Decay Primer Potion: All over lid and brow bone area.

  • MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing: All over lid.

  • Coastal Scents Palette (light pink; 7th row, 3rd down): all over lid.

  • Coastal Scents Palette (dark pink; 7th row, 7th down): outer-V and blended into crease.

  • Urban Decay Matte Trio in Asphalt (medium matte gray): liner for both upper and lower lashlines, outer half only.

  • Coastal Scents Palette (silver; last row, first color): liner for both upper and lower lashlines, inner half only.

  • Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara in Extreme Black.

  • Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar.

  • Jane Cosmetics Blushing Blush in Plum.

  • L'Oreal HiP Presso Lip Color in Chic.



The Results:











0 comments: