Saturday, January 31, 2009

'Sin'-tillatingly Neutral

So yesterday my package from Sephora arrived containing my bottle of Urban Decay's new 'Sin' Primer Potion. Hoorah! The UPS man comes at night here so I decided to put off trying it with a new look until today. I did try it out on my hand and absolutely could not WAIT to try it out today!

Two things about this primer vs. the original UDPP:


  1. A little goes a LONG way with 'Sin' because it is very shimmery. I applied it as I do my regular stuff and my eyelids looked like they were 'chromed out' so to speak.

  2. I recommend using a brush to blend the color onto the lids vs. using the wand that comes with the product or a finger. I use my fingers to blend the original stuff but the brush worked so much better for 'Sin'. I used a 3/8" Maxine's Mop by Loew-Cornell. (Yes, Loew-Cornell as in paint brushes. You can find lots of great deals on brushes at your local craft store!)



I am calling today's look 'Sin'-tillatingly Neutral. As in scintillating...? ;-P This is a little more 'glamourous' than my everyday 'neutral' look (which I will post pics of one of these days) as I used shimmery colors vs. the mattes I use for my every day look. And I used a dark liner vs. a light liner. Anyway... without further ado.

Colors Used:

  • Urban Decay 'Sin' Primer Potion: all over lid and brow bone area.

  • Urban Decay Side Car (bronze sparkle): all over lid.

  • Urban Decay Twice Baked (brownie brown with gold sparkle): in outer corner of lid, blended into outer crease; as a lower liner.

  • M·A·C Pigment in Your Ladyship (creamy white with gold shimmer): brow bone highlighter.

  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Zero (rich black): top liner, blended out with a brush to create a smoky effect.

  • L'Oreal HiP High Drama Volumizing Mascara in Ultimate Black.



The Results:













[gasp!] Yes, my hair is actually done in the last two pictures. Since I started walking I wait to shower until the afternoon (or evening, depending on what I'm doing that day) and putting the waves in my hair takes a good hour. :-P

1 comments:

Lissa said...

testing comments...