Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pretty as a Parkeet

Today's eyes brought to you by the color yellow. (Specifically this sunshiney yellow shirt that I love that I just had to match my eyes to today.) And also by brightly colored birds. Enjoy!

Colors Used:


  • Urban Decay Primer Potion: all over lid and brow bone area.

  • Urban Decay Honey (bright golden yellow): inner half of lid.

  • Urban Decay Flipside (electric teal with blue sheen): outer half of lid blended into the Honey.

  • Urban Decay Absinthe (bright green with gold shift): lightly blended between the Honey and Flipside to create a 'gradient' look.

  • Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy (pink champagne with silver glitter): browbone highlight. Tap your brush numerous times to knock off the fallout and most of the glitter.

  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Electric (bright aquamarine): liner for lower lashline.

  • Urban Decay Shattered (bright blue/green shift): blended lightly over top of Electric.

  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Zero (blackest black): waterline.

  • Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara in Rich Black



The 'gradient' look can be acheived by using a creamier base (such as a M·A·C shadestick). The eyeshadow colors then blend together and, duh, yellow and blue make green. I tried using MAC shadestick in Corn under the Honey and Sea Me under the Flipside but the color was way too vibrant/bold even for me! So I just went with my primer potion as a base instead and layered the colors until I acheived the desired intensity. To acheive the 'gradient' look I wanted, I used a green in between the colors. Sneaky, sneaky, no? ;)

The Results:











0 comments: