Friday, January 9, 2009

Sharp Smokey Look

This is an Urban Decay look (pulled from Sephora.com) called Sharp Smokey Eyes. I always have a hard time getting my smokey looks to look right because to pull it off you have to do a fair amount of blending. My sister is awesome when it comes to blending but whenever I blend it seems I don't blend enough (which leaves harsh lines) or over blend (which nearly obliterates the color completely).

The Sharp Smokey Eye looked easy enough and, incidently, I had all of the components the look called for. So I gave it whirl.

eXtrEme close-ups:





Not-so-close-up:



It was, by far, the easiest smokey look I have tried to date. The only real problem I had with it was the black eyeliner. Urban Decay makes an awesome eyeliner pencil. It is remarkably creamy and goes on oh-so-smoothly so a little goes a long way. But try as I may to get a nice, thin line around my lashes I just couldn't. So my liner is quite a bit thicker than the model's. But for an amateur, I think I did pretty well. I really like the look, and though I find it a bit dark for 'everyday' wear, I will be trying it again next time I get dressed up for a special occasion or a night out.

0 comments: