Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Prismatic Eyes

Who says you can only use two or three colors for an eyeshadow look? Today I was feeling daring and decided to do my own interpretation of the ever popular 'rainbow eyes'. It took me two tries to get it right. The first time around I used MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing and the colors 'popped' a leeettle too much. I had to laugh because I seriously looked like a poorly made up clown. So my second attempt I used just my Urban Decay Primer Potion. The 'Sin' Primer Potion is going to complement this look wonderfully! I can't wait until it arrives!

Colors Used:


  • Urban Decay Primer Potion: all over lid and brow bone area; under lower lashline.

  • Urban Decay Absinthe (electric green with gold shift): inner corner of lid and lower lashline.

  • Urban Decay Kiddie Pool (ocean blue with iridescent sparkles): blended just after the Absinthe on lid only.

  • L'Oreal HiP Pigment in Beckoning (deep bright blue): just a tiny bit blended slightly into and outside of the Kiddie Pool.

  • Urban Decay Flash (bright iridescent purple): blended over top of and slightly away from Beckoning. (This gave a kind of "is it blue or is it purple?" kind of look. Gradiation is key!)

  • Pretige Eyeshadow Single in Love (shimmery medium pink): outer corner of lid and lower lashline.

  • NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Yellowgold (bright yellow gold, as the name implies): applied using a dampened (not wet) brush to lower lashline.

  • L'Oreal HiP Eyeshadow Duo in Flamboyant (orange side only): blended into the Yellowgold and Love on lower lashline.

  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero (rich black): applied to waterline.

  • Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black.



The Results:













0 comments: